2.18.2013

I Actually Feel Sorry For the Lakers

I do not feel sorry for the Lakers for the jokes. I find them funny. Especially this one.
I don't feel sorry for them about Dwight Howard. They should have known what they were getting into. I mean the guy said he would waive his opt-out, got a coach fired, and then demanded a trade anyway. How could they think it was a good idea to bring him on board? They could have gotten a better fit in place for Andrew Bynum.

I do feel bad for the circumstance though. Why do I feel bad about the circumstance? CP3. The Lakers had pulled off a move for CP3. They actually had a trade to which the Hornets agreed to bring in the best point guard in the NBA. A guy that would have paired brilliantly with Kobe and co. Perhaps the best team player in the league. Someone that would have given them a legit shot at a few title runs and set the team up for the future. Now, the Lakers are stuck with where they are at and it is all because David Stern nixed the move.

Don't get me wrong, I like Chris Paul on the Clippers. I love watching the Clippers play. Paul paired with Griffin is an absolutely thrilling tandem to watch. These guys are awesome. This whole thing is wrong though. The Lakers made the deal. The Hornets got better people in the deal with the Lakers. Yes, this deal helped the Clippers and made them an awesome team to watch, but it severely damaged two teams. It also led to the outside perception that David Stern is damaging the league. He is fixing the NBA to his terms and doing a bad job.

I do not like David Stern and I am actually with Lakers fans on this...Chris Paul should be a Laker. Unfortunately, we never will know what would have happened. We can just remember that the dictator of the NBA turned down a trade that would have greatly impacted the NBA. The ripple effect on the Lakers is just not fair. I do not like the Lakers, but this is a joke.

Pau Gasol has not been the same and has to wonder daily now whether he will get traded. All because our commish turned it down. It ruined the Lakers. It took away a contender. It is a shame.
I will never forget those two hours that Chris Paul was a Laker.

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...