6.02.2012

Orioles Defeat Rays, Back in 1st (I WAS THERE!!!)

One of my good friends from work hooked us up with some sweet seats today for the Orioles-Rays game. These seats were just 7 rows back down the 1st base side. Needless to say, my wife and I had a blast. This may have been the best seats I have had for a baseball game I have been to, so I was pumped. Given Tropicana Field is not as classy as Camden Yards, but it is a decent little stadium. We could basically reach out and touch the players too which is always awesome. Just a great outing for us.

These pictures are live close up shots from the wife's Iphone.

We got to the game right as it was starting, which I guess you can say perfect timing. The game itself was fantastic also. The Orioles snapped their rough 6 game losing streak and are once again tied with the Rays for 1st. Brian Matusz was the biggest reason for their success. He only gave up one run in his brilliant 7 1/3 innings of work. Matusz probably would have gotten through 8 if it wasn't for horrible defense from a certain infielder, but we will get to that later.

The best part of the game had to be Chavez's homer. The homer was just so exciting because it was completely unexpected. I mean who expects Endy Chavez to go yard. A close second was seeing Robert Andino hit. Andino was 0-3, but the wife and I are big fans of his and the way he carries himself. This guy is awesome.

We also loved seeing the bullpen guys pitch. Seeing Jim Johnson pick up his 17th save was awesome. Another amazing sight was the power that is in Pedro Strop's arm. Strop hit 99, 99, 99 on three straight pitches. That was impressive. That double play ball he induced after inheriting Matusz's runners was awesome. Strop is extremely impressive to see live I must say. This is now the 3rd time Jenna and I have seen it and we hope we are able to see this guy pitch for many years to come.

Just an absolutely fantastic game other than one thing. Mark Reynolds has got to go. He is dead weight he offers this team nothing. The error nearly blew an amazing performance by Matusz. This guy simply cannot play the field anywhere if he has to stay. I'd prefer we'd find any taker possible, but if we have to keep him, then he has to be DH. I hope he isn't there when I see the Orioles play the Nats in a few weeks live.

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...