5.28.2012

American Patriot: Pat Tillman

Pat Tillman is one professional athlete that we all think of as a hero. Tillman is the guy that left millions to join the army following the Sept.11 terrorist attacks. He enlisted in 2002 and had a very bright future ahead of him in the NFL before he left. I can only think of one NFL player in the last 20 years that would even think to do that and it is Pat Tillman.

Tillman served several tours and joined the Army Rangers after enlisting. Unfortunately he died April 22, 2004 in the mountains of Afghanistan. No greater love has one than to lay down his life for his friends. No greater love has one than to lay down his life for his country. Pat Tillman made the ultimate sacrifice and died while trying to defend this country. We should all thank him for that.

I will not ever get into the controversy surrounding his death. It is not my place and will not be my place. I was not there and I do not know. All I know is that Pat Tillman gave up millions to join the army, after giving up millions he protected our freedoms and while doing that he lost his life. That is good enough for me and should be good enough for anyone.

Thank you to everyone who currently serves, or has served. We appreciate it.

God bless America

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...