6.15.2012

Ronde Barber Talks About the Move to FS

One of the greatest cornerbacks of my generation and my favorite non-Sanders cornerback is moving to FS. It is a big change for him, but he seems excited by the notion of moving. Ronde Barber, who is 37, is ready for the change.

Barber will have a vital role on the Bucs defense. Two months of offseason work seem to have benefited Barber a great deal. He is excited to because he plays for Greg Schiano. Schiano plans to frequently blitz Barber from his FS spot. This blitzing will be great for Barber, who has 37 career sacks and is known for being one of the better tackling corners in the league.

"I'm going to do a lot of different things," Barber said. "(Schiano) is definitely an aggressive play caller and I get to move around with the nickel and dime packages. You can expect some blitzing from me. Maybe one or two per game.
"I get a chance to be an impact player in this defense and I'm looking forward to that."
"One benefit of being really (deep) in the backfield is you get a chance to really see the quarterback, which has always been a strength of mine," Barber said. "It's putting my strengths to the test."
"I'm getting to do a lot of things that's keeping me stimulated in the meeting room and out here on the practice field," Barber said. "I'm enjoying it."

I think Barber is going to do an amazing job at FS. Even if he is 37. Tampa Bay may have a very good defensive backfield.

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...