6.13.2012

He's Back

Brian Roberts has returned for the Baltimore Orioles, and we could not be any happier. Not only did Roberts come back, but he collected 3 hits in his first game in nearly a year. Many people said Roberts was done so this was amazing. The 2nd baseman received a loud ovation. We love Brian Roberts and everything he represents, everything he has been through. My wife who barely followed baseball before she met me, loves everything Roberts represents and as I said previously that he is on our Orioles. 3-4 and an RBI after the long journey back, just amazing. Roberts said the following about the game...
"It'll be one of those (memories) that sticks out for sure. There's not a ton of games that stick out in your mind after a lot, but you have your few. Certain that will be, as much as my brain allows me to remember, it'll be one that's good."
"I'm just so grateful. I sometimes don't have words for what I've been through and where we are now. I'm humbled and grateful to have the opportunity."

Roberts even received a shaving cream pie in the face from the other star of the game for his efforts. The Orioles ended up winning 8-6 behind the emotional game. Adam Jones delivered the pie and most of the offense, again. Jones went 4-5 with two RBIs and a run scored. Oh, and he hit another home run, his 18th.

There were two other home runs this game. One of which was hit by Mark Reynolds who collected his 4th on the season. The other home run was Chris Davis, who hit his 11th. Davis is actually having a really solid year at 1st and DH. Davis is now hitting .301, and he picked up 2 more RBIs last night. 11 homers isn't to shabby either.

The pitching was great as well. Especially Jim Johnson who picked up his 19th save on the season. He has been amazing.

The real story though remains Roberts. All I got to say is.....
Welcome Back, Welcome Back, Welcome Back




-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...