7.20.2012

Rice's New Deal and Other Ravens News

There has been a lot going on for the Baltimore Ravens lately. As you know I love Baltimore teams, and eventhough the Ravens are not my favorite team, I do root for them. I like a lot of players on the Ravens and Anquan Boldin and Ray Rice are two of my favorites. Some would also consider the Ravens a Super Bowl favorite this season.
New look, new season, same Ravens. So what are some of the expectations for this group?

Well, the 1st and most important expectation was to resign Ray Rice. They did that very well. Ray Rice agreed to a 5 yr/35 million dollar deal a couple of days ago. Many would argue that Ray Rice is the best back in football, so it was imperative that he get resigned. All Ravens players and fans love Ray Rice. He is a fearless runningback and one of the last of a dying breed of dominant rushers. Great deal for Baltimore.
Rice is a beast. You can follow him on Twitter @RayRice27. He also has a website RayRice27.com where you can get your Ray Rice news.

The expectations for Joe Flacco are pretty high. Everyone seems to be having high praise for Flacco. Ron Jaworski listed Flacco as the 9th best QB on his QB Countdown. He was placed ahead of Matt Ryan. I think Flacco was kind of low though honestly. Cutler and Roethlisberger were ahead of Flacco to which I say no way. Then Rivers was ahead as well which I disagree with. I think Flacco should be the #6 QB in the league and he has potential to move up. Especially if Peyton Manning cannot recover. Phil Simms seems to think even higher of Flacco than Jaws.
"Even then, he might not get the credit that he deserves. I don’t think he’s good, I think he’s awesome. I know I’m right. I don’t need your stamp of approval.” - Phil Simms

Joe Theismann has incredibly high expectations, picking the Ravens to play in the Super Bowl.

The real question now is how long Terrell Suggs is out? The linebacker thinks he can play this season, but after tearing his ACL in April, how likely is it? A Ravens Super Bowl run is far less likely with an injured Terrell Suggs. All Ravens fans are hoping desperately for a speedy recovery.
-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...