7.14.2012

My Pick for the Heisman

I promised myself I wouldn't write about anything negative today. No more Penn State, no more Greg Reid and apparently no Baltimore Orioles. However, I will say that I am psyched to have Nick Markakis back and he had an awesome game. I will also say that I sure hope Jason Hammel is ok, because the Orioles need him.

Therefore, I wanted to bring your attention to the next great NFL QB. Matt Barkley of the USC Trojans is a blog favorite. He could very well be leading USC to a national title. Barkley also is a good Christian man. Cbssports talked about Barkley last night in an article that I highly recommend.

The article talked about the similarities between Barkley, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck. It talks about how he passed up the draft an why. One of the reasons he passed up the draft was to get a Heisman trophy. My early prediction is that Barkley will in fact win the Heisman. I think it is pretty likely that he pulls it off. If USC does go undefeated, then he will certainly pull off the Heisman.

I won't give away too much more, I just wanted to say that you should check out the article. You should also check out Barkley's I Am Second video. The guy is a class act and as I said earlier the next Heisman winner.
-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...