6.17.2012

Why NBA Teams Should Pick Bernard James

All FSU basketball fans love Bernard James. As I have previously reported, he should be loved by all Americans because he is a patriot. That post can be found here. Now CBS 9 News in Washington released an article about the positives of Bernard James. I'd love for the Wizards or Spurs to get James in the 2nd round because he is such a positive influence. He would definitely be a welcome addition in Washington where he could be reunited with Chris Singleton.

I will get back to why I want him in Washington later, but I wanted to get to the CBS article. The NBA Draft is in 11 days and the article points out that James will likely go in round 2, but then it goes deeper.

It talks about James' age and that he is 27. Mentioned is the fact that James got cut from his Freshman HS team, but it goes further than that. James dropped out of school and earned his GED. Quite the unusual path. Then James took an even more unusual path. As I mentioned in my previous post on James, he joined the Air Force a month after earning his GED. The article talked in detail about his service just like my last post on James, but then it talked about why the Wizards should add him and I agree. I will quote the end of the article right from the site and you can easily see why I want him in Washington.

"James walked away from the interview with a quote that should be stapled above most of the Wizards players lockers.
"I understand teamwork. I'm mature. I'm a professional and I know how to come to work everyday."
How could an NBA executive not salivate over James' real-life approach? On a Washington team that's almost too young for it's own good, adding the maturity of a player like Bernard James should be valued much higher than gambling on a second round pick and his "upside.""

That is exactly it. Bernard James is a leader, he works hard, and he gets it. On a team that has been lazy in the past and has had a problem with effort, James is a refreshing change of pace. On the Wizards frontline to go with Kevin Seraphin, don't we want guys like Bernard James. We have a great start with Nene and Booker, but James can only add to that. Adding James would give Wizards fans a front line that they can be proud of for the first time ever. This guy should be added to the team.

Maybe adding him would make my cousin Adam a big basketball fan again too, maybe.

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...