6.05.2012

St. Louis Cardinals Select OF James Ramsey

The defending champions had the 23rd pick in this year's MLB Draft. With that 23rd pick, the Cardinals selected FSU OF James Ramsey. The academic All America Player of the Year could eventually join former FSU OF Shane Robinson in the Cardinal outfield. This team knows how to draft, could be why they won it all last year.

Ramsey explained why he turned down the Twins offer last year and he came back to FSU.
"I felt like I had some unfinished business down here at Florida State," said Ramsey. "I felt like I had a huge platform for my faith, and not just the city of Tallahassee, but across all of college athletics. I was the president of two different campus organizations and had some leadership things to tend to for another year. I wanted to finish my degree in the honors program where I finished Magna Cum Laude in finance, really showing that you can go back and earn your degree that no one can take from you. Obviously, I want to go and win a national championship, as well."

He still has a shot at winning that national championship. Hopefully, they pull it off.

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...