4.27.2012

Old Draft Format>>>>New Draft Format

Count me among those that do not like the draft happening on a Thursday night. It precludes many from the East Coast in finishing the draft. I went to bed last night because I have to go to work shortly. I am assuming many others are in the same boat as me when it comes to waking up the next day. The draft really was not that exciting yesterday. Was it because of the Thursday night portion of the draft, was it because of the people covering the draft. I do not know, but I know that I am not a fan of the draft.

This is the first year I could watch part of it since the format change though and I could not even watch the whole thing. Maybe they got better ratings, but I do not see it. As for ESPN's coverage, could it have been any worse? Who likes Jon Gruden, Chris Berman and Mel Kiper? Somebody must because ESPN refuses to take those three off the air. Congrats, ESPN you put three of the most annoying personalities on air at the same time. The only thing missing from this horrible idea was Skip Bayless. Am I the only one who thinks that? Last night tempted me to order NFL Network just for the draft. I decided against it, but if we move I may ask for that just for the draft next year. Mayock and Sanders beat any clown that ESPN can throw out there.

For me personally I liked watching the draft on Saturdays with my dad. I am not a fan of missing the draft because I have stuff the next day. Whether it be school or work, this is not a smart idea. Now they expect a lot of their fans to give up plans on a Friday Night. Well, I have to be at my school tonight, so I get to miss a good portion of the draft. As my Seminoles come off the board, I will miss it because the NFL made a poor decision.

-Noland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...